Saturday, 21 September 2013

Visual/oral/audio gotcha Barrie Keefe

When considering the options for the staging of gotcha I evaluated the advantages and disadvantages of proscenium arch, traverse, thrust & in the round. the only reason I could see that would make one of the other options better than proscenium arch was to use these different perspective to create different points of view, eg you may like a character from one side of the room but dislike them from the other side. I placed large pieces of set, eg door frame, window, etc in front of each side of the stage, this gave the effect that the audience were flies on the wall seeing the truth that the characters could not see. I think that this set design would also present a message about society, people show there true selves when no one is looking. In eventually decided that proscenium arch was the best option because in the round would create a unclear message, were as proscenium arch would create a clear linear message which is my goal. I decided that the lights would start bright and become dark to show time passing, I thought about changing the lighting depending on the tone of the seen, however I avoided this because this play is suppose to be naturalistic. This diagram represents my final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment